Thursday, December 27, 2007

Fondue

Every New Years for as long as I can remember we have had fondue. It has always been a favorite tradition of mine and I have carried that over into my marriage. It helps that Travis just brings the meat home from work and I don’t have to deal with it. This year I am thinking I should do a whole fondue dinner. Cheese, meat and chocolate fondue. Yummy!
Here are a few things to get your own fondue tradition going.



1) Cast iron fondue set
2) Cheese and chocolate fondue set
3) Calphalon fondue set
4) Electric fondue set
5) Stainless fondue set with lazy Susan
6) Fondue cook book

If I had to choose just one it would be the electric fondue set so I could do meat fondue. What would you choose?

4 comments:

  1. do you precook your meat? I love doing cheese, but I struggle with meat.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had our fondue night on christmas eve. Thanks for the help with the meat Trav! It was delicious! We tried chicken too. We were going to have caramel fondue for dessert. but we were all too full!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I have meat fondue I keep it simple. I basically heat oil and each person gets small cubes of top sirloin (I think that’s the kind of meat Travis brings home) and they cook their own in the oil(no precooking). I know there are some really good recipes out there, but I am a plain Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would suggest the Raclette with a stone top. I think it is granite or marble. It just enhances the fondue experience. This one from Sur La Table is ok, but the stone top is better.
    http://www.surlatable.com/product/swissmar+red+raclette+party+grill.do?search=basic&keyword=raclette&sortby=gsa&asc=true&page=1

    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I read each and every comment.